Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Horizon


Horizon was my first attempt at landscapes. A water color on paper rendition in abstraction, Horizon hung prominently at the dining hall of our family home where we congregated daily whilst friends and guests did for many a function. It has a history dating more than 2 and a half decades as a backdrop in photographs at all these functions. Looking at some of these old photographs prompted my nostalgic visit to some of my earliest works created as a pastime all of this month. I actually designed it so and fashioned the wood framing by hand myself.
The Horizon... I might add ... is a beaut!
Copyright 2006 HETCHESS

1 comment:

June said...

Of course I remember you! I missed your latest comment for a while, since I rarely get one and I forget to remember to look for them. Plus I found it difficult to keep up every night and started to bore myself with my life, and was definitely slacking off.
I LOVE landscapes and am very fond of the story associated with this one. I also wanted to comment on "had I devoted my life to just one thing . . ." below your title. I notice that people who do one thing really well often concentrate on that one thing, and that I prefer to talk to people who are interested in a lot of different things, while remaining slightly jealous of the accomplishments of the more focused ones. Thanks for your comment about anger, too. One the typo, I really am going to go back and fix several of them. I quit doing it when I foundout it caused me to lose the little words below the picture, but it isn't worth it. I hate typos! Good night, thanks for finding me again. I guess I am not clear about the Beta version and the ?regular? version of blogger. Will have to check.