Friday, July 14, 2006

EVERYTHING BEGINS WHEN YOU START

When I made an about turn from the corporate jungle to do what I wanted ,I wanted a change in my life and what better time than at the turn of the century.Sure it wasn't an overnight decision I had thought long and hard over much time.I had already designed my logo whilst still pursuing my MBA during lectures one day but I still went back to the corporate world upon graduating primarily because of the struggle for the legal tender and to re-establish business contacts.

What I wanted to do was to create.I was determined to make my mark Leave a tangible legacy.I couldn't see that ever happening as a corporate employee. See I loved the arts and painted as a past time played the piano and guitar too but which I had to completely abandon out of lack of time since I joined the rat race

On a deserved long vacation I started painting again.My first piece was entitled "No Turning Back". I am committed and determined by nature but sometimes dramatics help emphasize and provide that extra push like I told myself when I decided to change my life "I need to do what I like before I die" The same way that I decided I would graduate my MBA program - with 2 necessary elements - Discipline and Commitment.I had simplified Discipline as spending no less than 3 hours daily on my studies.The Commitment part was automated...soon as I wrote out the cheque for the fees. "No Turning Back" signified my start in art as a profession.

I finished 68 paintings during that extended break and held my 1st solo outing which was showcased by the Sheraton Hotel and attained reasonable success for an unknown who pulled it off single handedly.It wasn't an ego booster as it may sound but it provided me the positive dramatic push to pursue my passion.This was the beginning of what I had started

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the start of your blog. I have so much enjoyed mine (that's only a month old) that I click Next Blog everynight after I finish. Tonight I found this new blog. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

A great site. Keep it up.